Associations and Societies
- Park County, Colorado - Local History Archives (More than a 3000 photos in the Park County Local History Archives)
- Gold Prospectors Association of America (GPAA) (California - has claims in Colorado)
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, Inc. (SME) (Colorado - based in Littleton)
- The Gold Miner's Headquarters (The web's largest bulletin board for gold miners)
- Foothills Prospectors - GPAA local chapter in Golden (Golden, CO)
- Gold Prospectors of Colorado (GPOC) (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Gold Prospectors of the Rockies (GPR) (Denver, CO)
- Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas, NV - www.goldsearchers.info)
- Golden Caribou Mining Club (GCMC) (Belden, CA - Join them for mining in the Feather River Canyon)
- Minnesota Gold Prospectors (Somewhere in central Minnesota)
- Rocky Mountain Prospectors and Treasure Hunters Club (RMPTH) (Fort Collins, CO)
- United Prospectors (Coloma, CA)
This section might just need a little 'splainin' for those who are lookin' in on us from elsewhere 'round the country.
The Gold Prospectors of the Rockies conducts Gold Panning Demonstrations for interested groups in the Denver, Colorado, area. To give our demos that extra flair, we like to dress up in period clothing--any period from around 1800 to the present, that is! You see, every decade has had its own gold prospectors!
At our panning demos you might see one of us in contemporary hip-waders, another in bib-overalls, and yet another as a sheriff about to give up his badge to head for the gold fields. And some of us hark back a few years in our costumes to the 1800s.
We have here a few good solid informational links for our panning demonstrators. Good info for reenactors, too!
- Costume of the Gold Rush Entrepenuers marketed clothing, hats, and boots to outfit men for the gold fields.
- How Should a Woman Dress? A nifty look at women's period costume.
- How To Be a Pistolero Nearly all you'll ever need to know about being a reenactor!
- Past Patterns Hundreds of patterns to make your own costumes ranging from 1789 through the 1940s.
- Suggested Wardrobe and Equipment The choices of 1880s clothing and style define your character in an instant.
- Colorado Prospector (Details access to Colorado public lands . . . membership fee required)
- Golden Detectors (Bill Chapman, Jr.)
- Golden Optimist (Leonard Leeper)
- Goldhunter (Rick Miska)
- Grubstaker.com (Wallie Robinson)
- Healing and Dowsing Services (Hank Innerfeld)
- Hooked on Gold (Larry & Shirley Weilnau)
- Phantom Ranch (Dick Oakes)
Mine and Mill Tours
- Argo Gold Mine and Mill (Idaho Springs)
- Bachelor-Syracuse Mine (Ouray)
- Country Boy Mine (Brekenridge)
- Edgar Mine (Idaho Springs)
- Hidee Gold Mine (Central City/Black Hawk)
- Lost Mine (Salida)
- Matchless Mine (Leadville)
- Mayflower Mill (Silverton)
- Old Hundred Gold Mine (Silverton)
- Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine (Cripple Creek)
- Phoenix Gold Mine (Idaho Springs: Web Site 1. Al Mosch, owner - Lyle Richards, webmaster)
- Phoenix Gold Mine (Idaho Springs: Web Site 2. Al Mosch, owner - Jo Petit, webmaster)
- Arizona Gold Prospectors (Arizona. This is an information site, it is not a club.)
- Class Ring Finder Lost and Found Directory (Post a lost or found class ring--become a "Detective" too.)
- Desert Gold Diggers (Over 2700 acres on 21 claims in the southeast portion of Arizona. Monthly meetings with interesting speakers and monthly outings to the club claims.)
- The East Coast Prospector (Joseph Stachyra)
- Jensen Technologies, LLC Lab (Consulting Chemist, Analytical Lab Services, Fire Assay, Water/Wastewater, PGM-Au/AG, Metals Rocks-Ore-Brines, and XRF-AAS-Wet Chem.)
- Gilpin County Historical Society and Museum (Central City, Colorado. Central City's rich heritage of 19th century architecture will be preserved for the enjoyment and enrichment of future generations.)
- Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum (Golden, Colorado. A fine mineral and gemstone collection that changes with what pieces they can borrow for display.)
- Creede Underground Mining Museum (Creede, Colorado. The museum was 'mined' from solid rock and is an authentic example of the methods and techniques used in the 'boom' days of Creede, Colorado.)
- Cripple Creek District Museum (Cripple Creek, Colorado. Cripple Creek gold rush history.)
- Lafayette Miners Museum (Lafayette, Colorado. Visitors are welcome and encouraged to come and explore Lafayette's past.)
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum (Leadville, Colorado. A monument to the memory of the men and women who pioneered the discovery, development and processing of our nation's natural resources.)
- Nederland Mining Museum (Nederland, Colorado. The Nederland Area Historical Society fulfills its mission is to periodically hold events, and sponsor activities with the goal of educating and celebrating Nederland's mining history.)
- Old Colorado City Historical Society History Center (Old Colorado City, Colorado. The interwoven stories of the life and personality of the many people who made Old Colorado City their home.)
- Ouray County Historical Society and Museum (Ouray, Colorado. The Museum features mining, ranching and railroading, the three main means of employment in Ouray's early history.)
- Lowell Thomas Museum (Victor, Colorado. Two floors of artifacts, books, exhibits and photographs depict the life in Victor from its earlier days to he heyday of gold mining.)
- Walsenburg Mining Museum (Walsenburg, Colorado. The museum, located in an old jail, tells the story of mining in the area and includes many artifacts and replicas.)
- Western Museum of Mining & Industry (Colorado Springs, Colorado. America's Living Mining Heritage!)
- International California Mining Journal (The West's leading domestic mining magazine for almost 70 years.)
- Best Metal Detector for Gold Nuggets Buyers Guide (Written by Mark Orwig, the Managing Editor of this blog site.)
- Alaska Mining & Diving Supply (Anchorage AK)
- Calgold (Treasure hunting and prospecting super center)
- Colorado Nuggets (Steve and Bev Rice, Evergreen CO)
- Garfield Refining Company (Refiner of precious metals)
- Gold-N-Detectors (Bill Chapman, Golden CO - Gold prospecting and treasure hunting products)
- Gold Maps (Where to find it)
- Grubstakers Mining Supply (Randy Burks' mines, minerals, and historic maps in Central City, CO.)
- Hooked on Gold (Larry & Shirley Weilnau)
- Kellyco Metal Detector Superstore (Stuart Auerbach, Winter Springs, FL)
- Lifestyle Store (Prospecting supplies)
- Metaldetector.com On-line mail order store that specializes in metal detectors.
- Microwave Gold Klin Complete MICROWAVE SMELTING KITS for gold, silver, copper, and old jewelry.
- Mine Listings (Find Mines For Sale Including Placer, Lode, Claims Small and Large, Patented, BLM Land (Mining and Mineral Properties Both Developed and Undeveloped). Find Mining Claims, Mineral Properties And Tenures Worldwide)
- The Rock Doc at Prospectors Village (Cindy & Dirk Paratt, Nathrop CO - Gold prospecting supplies, on-site geological engineer)
- Rare Gold Nuggets (Hi, My Name is Matt Grover. I have a new website that I am trying to get the word out about. It is www.raregoldnuggets.com , and it is all about gold prospecting and gold nuggets. I am very active on the site and adding new information every few days.We are the premier resource for information about natural gold nuggets and specimens on the web!)